31 October 2011

Monday evening

Well it sounds like I missed a bit of a farce this afternoon. After my caffeine fix I took the dog for a walk - thought it would do us both good to get some fresh air.  When I got back, around 4.45pm, I gave the hospital a call to check whether Michael was back in his room.  I spoke with his very friendly nurse who explained that he hadn't actually gone down (again) until 4.20pm.   Apparently when I'd originally left, Michael had been taken down to the theatre where they realised he hadn't signed the consent form.   You can't sign a consent form in theatre (maybe they think you can't make a clear judgment when lying on an operating table) so he was wheeled back to the room.   From what I can then understand, he had to sign the form there at which point they said they couldn't fit him in any more, there was a bit of a disagreement with the doctors, and then he was given the go ahead.  Can't believe I missed all the excitement.

Anyway, at 6.30pm he was back in his room, feeling very drowsy, but all done.  He now has a further tube which goes directly into his intestine for his liquid feed to now get connected to.  Some of this feed will filter back into the stomach and the hope is that the stomach will think ' what you doing there?' and push it back down - that will be the stomach's retraining sessions.  I really  hope it works soon - just be lovely for Michael not to have to constantly think about feeling sick.  The other tube is still there so his stomach can be drained if necessary.

We shall see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment