12 October 2011

Day 4 : 9.35 am

After another bad night sleep, having been woken by the dustmen, I'm now back with Michael. He said he didn't sleep that well but looking at him now I'm not sure he'd have known what was going on. The diazapan is completely knocking him out - fabulous for the pain but not going to help him get mobile.

The doctors have now spoken about perhaps giving it to him orally as it doesn't have such a severe effect. I didn't realise that yesterday when I nipped off for lunch, and he was still very sleepy, he'd had another shot of diazapan - no wonder he was such a terrible host for the rest of the day. Today they're just going to monitor how he is b4 decided to give him another dose.

My aim is to leave Oxford around lunchtime today and be with the kids. He's not up to seeing them yet so I may come back on my own tomorrow sometime and then maybe he'll be up for them to visit over the weekend. Who knows - it really is one day - actually more like 1 hour - at a time.


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment