11 October 2011

Day 3 : 3.30 pm

So frustrating - and I guess that's the difference with ICU. Having slept all morning, Michael was having a wash and his nurse had to nip out to c another patient. At the same time his pain relief pump has run out and no one here to change it. Guess that's NHS and never enough staff (and they r fantastic - just never enough). In ICU, everything's immediate.

So he's still sitting here half washed. I've helped him with his teeth and face but he wants a dose of pain relief before we continue. And so we wait.

I feel awful moaning (especially as I know some of the team r reading this blog - and u all r amazing. It's just so frustrating when u I can see he's in pain and he's just got to lie there and wait). He so rarely moans and I know they'll definitely be none of his apologising today :(


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment