8 October 2011

00:40

We're in Oxford. Had an early night and stopped reading at 10.30, nodded of at 10.31 and the call came at 10.45. Ridiculous as it sounds, we weren't expecting it - not sure if we'd ever really be prepared for this.
The most peculiar thing is that a friend this evening said she'd had the most vivid dream and she thought it was going to be tonight. So very spooky. Guess I can say a know a witch now!!
Felt sick when the call came in, with my teeth nervously chattering away. In silence we got ourselves together, ensuring I had all the essentials for my few days away. Naturally on the drive down realised I'd forgotten my blackberry usb cable - think I'll cope!!
Question was should we wake the kids or not. It was only 10.45. Usually Aaron would still be awake but we'd all gone to bed early and he was fast asleep. Waking them would mean organising them to go off to whoever and we just thought that would be more unsettling. So we quietly crept out of the house, making sure our bedroom door was firmly closed. Aaron had specifically told us not to leave our door open as if he got up to go to the loo he'd realise we'd gone and panic. I know they'll be ok but can't help worrying whether we've done the right thing. I've left the phone in the hallway and I'll call them in the morning and sort out all the arrangements with them. We may have talked so much about all of this but sitting here feeling as I do, I can't help worry about the three of them. This is going to be so hard.
Michael's now having numerous bloods taken which always is proving difficult as, after so many blood tests, his veins are appalling. At the moment, no success.
The doctors were intrigued that I was busy blogging (meanwhile both saying hi to all of you!!!). They've explained that one of the doctors is, as I blog, a Doctor is off to check the organ. If all ok, he notifies Oxford and flies back with the bowel. Michael will then be taken to get him prepared (around 6am) so that when the organ arrives, they start transplant immediately. I feel so sick - this is just too real.
Be back soon xx

Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment