26 October 2011

Wednesday

Day off today - well sort of!!  My car needed a service and MOT which I'd been putting off and could do so no longer.  So after dropping Waffle off at his girlfriends, I drove to Watford and left the car at the Garage.  Meanwhile, being the mad person I am, I decided it would be really good exercise, as the weather was dry, to cycle home.   Well - talk about hard work.   Sitting on my indoor bike, watching tv, is an absolute doddle.  It may be exercise, but after today, I realise it's about as energetic as having a shower!!  It took about 25 minutes to get home, with lots of huffing, puffing, stopping and moaning to myself.  Did have to push the bike a little.  I always remember when Michael was training for his New York bike ride that he came to realise what you think is a flat land, more often than not, is an incline.   And of today, I found that out for myself.  It was a hard slog, but I did make it home in one piece  - somewhat exhausted.  I seem to have been on go slow ever since but it has made me realise what amazing people all took part in the Guts in Motion Paris to London bike ride in July.  It's no easy task; Watford to Radlett was hard enough!!!!

Typically, the car needs two new tyres and breakpads to pass its MOT - it's so frustrating (and expensive)!!  Anyway, taken most of the day to sort and therefore I've spent some time at home, which has been lovely.  Know I should have gone back to bed as I feel so tired but couldn't do that so instead caught up on some paperwork, cleaning, washing, etc.  Having now finished, and waiting for the Garage to call, realise I should have opted for the sleep.

Once I've picked the car up, I'll zoom off the Oxford and see Michael.  Guess I now need to listen into the traffice news to check the motorways - wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment