16 October 2011

Sunday : 9.42 pm

Just spoken to Michael's nurse, although not really any the wiser.  When his parents left him this afternoon he was still in pain and still very sleepy from the op.  When I spoke to the nurse, he was still sleeping and in pain.  I asked if the pain was from the today's op but not sure she knew what I was asking, so I no nothing.  It's so frustrating not knowing exactly what's going on.  Hopefully Michael will be up to using his mobile soon and then I can be in constant contact when I'm not around. I know he completely understands that I had to spend some time with the children, and he wanted me too but it doesn't make it any easier not being there.

It was lovely being with the kids today.   When I came home on Wednesday it was just too rushed and I felt like I was pushing them out of the house on Thursday morning so I could go to Oxford.  In reality, if they hadn't got up so late on Thursday, maybe it wouldn't have felt so rushed but that's teenagers for you.

Back to Oxford tomorrow for the day.  The kids are all sorted, and then I'll be back for supper tomorrow.  At least I'll spend the evening with them, although I'm guessing that once they've been home for a few nights, the homesickness will be long forgotten and they'll be ready for more sleepovers!  Really hope that Michael's up for a visit from them soon - they don't entirely understand why others (only his parents and sister) have been and they can't.  They'd find it more difficult to go all that way and see him for only a couple of minutes, before he fell asleep.  That's if he was awake in the first place, as his parents discovered today. If he's back on track tomorrow, I'm hoping Tuesday will be good.

I may not always text back or return calls (did have all good intentions today but I guess I was too wrapped up in doing nothing much!) but I really value all the messages - your cointnued support has been overwhelming.   THANK YOU xx

No comments:

Post a Comment