4 October 2011

Tuesday: 7.50 pm

I must just start this blog saying how cheesed off I am - I've already typed it once and now it's all just vanished from my screen.  So here we go again.........

Used the sympathy card today.......   Poor Waffle (our dog - or as the hospital receptionist described today "you know, you have them with ice cream").has to have an op  to reconstruct his cruciate knee ligament.  He had an xray and bloods today just to confirm what was needed.   I had to phone the pet insurance just to check we were fully covered.  All ok except it would take 72 hours to process the claim before they could go ahead and operate.  I put my politeness voice on and explained waiting was an added problem  as my husband was on a transplant waiting list and it would be very helpful if it could be done sooner.  Without hesitation she agreed that we could go straight ahead with the op.   All now booked for Thursday. Amazing!!!!  Not sure how else I could benefit with my sob story??

So my two invalids are now both relaxing in front of the tv.  One with his 'lite' supper prescribed by the Vet and the other with his intravenous 'milkshake' prescribed by the Doctor.  What a life.  Found it very funny that Waffle came back from the vetinary hospital with a little card signed by all the nurses wishing him luck for his op on Thursday.  Michael's now waiting for his card from Oxford.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment