11 October 2011

Day 3 : 10•10

This blog is going to take time to write. M got my left hand gripped ~ only way he knows I'm in the room. He's not having a good start to the day. In pain. Still a little confused. I know I should be reminding him to do his deep breathing and coughing (half hourly to ensure the lungs r clear) and to bring his knees up to his chest. He does have these leg warmer type things on which gently massage the legs - so the muscles feel like they're being used and to pump the blood back up the body. An upgrade on the usual support stockings. He's just having some diazopan ( excuse the spelling) and I'll then bully him to do it all. Got to be cruel sometimes.

10.35 I have my hand back and Michael is now having a rest. The breathing and coughing not yet done! In a real dilemma at the moment - when should I go home and see the kids/when should they see Daddy. Unfortunately there's no correct answer. If I only had to worry about Michael, I'd just stay here. So easy being 5 mins away. But I've got to think of the kids as well. I know my lovely friends r taking extra special care of them but the kids keep asking when I'm coming back. No time is a good time - whichever day I choose it will be typical that it will be the one when Michael needs me most. In my mind, maybe I'll come back on Wednesday and maybe bring the kids for a short while on Thursday. I just don't know.

The surgeon has said that day 4 is when his 'feelers' go up, checking that the organ is not going to reject and that everything is ok. Maybe tomorrow isn't a good day to go back. Aarrrghhh. Actually getting stressed thinking about it. Coffee break time me thinks!!


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment