9 October 2011

Sunday Evening

So – nearly 48 hours have gone by and I have to say I do feel fairly positive, exhausted but positive.   Michael had a pretty good day.   Bearing in mind he’s just gone through such a major operation, I have to say he was amazing today.   Talking, even a little laughing – and also constantly apologising to the nurses when asking for more pain relief – so very much my husband’s style.  I did point out to him that if he was sorry, he wouldn’t be annoying the staff in the first place J


As positive as I do feel can’t help thinking that it may be the calm before the storm.  Maybe it’s just cause I’m tired but today was such a good day – better than I could have ever expected.   Michael really is so strong and such a fighter but this is no straight forward operation.   He’s got so far to go before we can relax and know that everything will be ok.  Maybe I’m being too much of a pessimist – I’m sure things will look brighter in the morning.   I can only hope that every day progresses as well as day 1.

Our kids have been wonderful.  Been fully occupied by dear family and friends but I know they are all feeling the pain with both Michael and I not around.  They keep asking when I’m coming home but I don’t want to get their hopes up and give them a day that I don’t keep to.  Hopefully by being back at school tomorrow they’ll be too busy to think about things.  School are fully aware of the circumstances and have been very supportive.  I’ve obviously emailed them to let them know that Michael has now had surgery.   At least the kids know they’ve got support at school if needed.  Last time Michael had surgery, think perhaps they may have taken advantage, just a little, as they could always give Daddy as an excuse for having forgotten something or having not done some homework.   I blame the parents!!!!

My little single bed is calling to me – the headache I’ve had all day is still here, so it’s time to say goodnight.  Before I go, just a huge thank you for all your messages of support – I always read them out to Michael  (sorry – he does sometimes nod off in the middle!!).   It’s just lovely that although we may not be near in distance, we still feel so close to you all. 
Night for now.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news! Thinking of you both. Send our love to Michael x if you want anything from the house or anything checked out please ask. Lots of love Bernice & Anthony xxx

    ReplyDelete