18 October 2011

Monday Evening

Well I managed my first day of commuting.  Worked out ok, and it was lovely to have a meal waiting as I was somewhat knackered.  Yet again, our amazing friends and family have come up trumps - and a meal rota has been set up (thank you to those concerned!) so the kids and I don't starve.   It's just one less thing to have to worry about, when the list of worries seems to be getting longer.

Left Michael sleeping at around 4pm.  He's quite fussy in how he likes everything laid out - all in it's correct place.   He had his three drinks lined up (no one makes Ribena like me), TV control a hand's distance away, pain control button in one hand and nurse call button in the other.

At one point this afternoon, Michael was going for another walk with the physio.  She moved all his cables/drip lines etc, Michael sat on the edge of the bed, raring to go (not!) and then his pain relief buzzed that it had run out.  He really needs that, particularly when exerting himself, so a nurse was called to change the pump.  His regular nurse was at lunch and while we waiting for another nurse, Michael became too uncomfortable to sit there any longer and laid back down. The physio then decided to come back a bit later.  By the time the pump was changed, the physio was long gone and Michael decided the moment had passed and he just wanted to rest.   Whether the physio returned after I left, who knows?

I am hoping to take the kids up tomorrow but I have agreed with Michael that I will call and speak to his nurse first thing and he has to be absolutely positive that he is up to it.  Would be good for both the kids and Michael but it's pointless if Michael's not up to it.  We'll see what the morning brings.

The kids and I spent the evening catching up on Dr Who.  Michael never watches anything sci-fi.   Just doesn't get it, so while he's away we can get up to date.   Well, I have to say how extremely disappointing - for any of you who do watch it, did you also not really care if he died?  We were hoping he would die and regenerate into David Tennant.  'Bring back David Tennant' and stop making such stupid incomprehensible story lines.  I can't believe I'm so glad the series is over.   Sorry - not sure why I'm ranting about a TV programme.

Hoping tomorrow the motorways will be better.  As beautiful as the scenic route was, just so much easier following the motorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment