13 October 2011

Day 5 : 3.15 pm

1 hour in Radlett, the next in Oxford. Was really lovely seeing the kids but it was hard then having to 'dump' them again. They've been amazing, and I've been as open with them as I can about Daddy but I know they're desperate to see him. Hopefully he'll be up to it this weekend. I felt like I should have be spoiling them while I was home, but the truth was I was knackered and there really wasn't that much time. Guess vegging together is just as good!

One thing's for sure, it's just so lovely to sleep in your own bed. Had a fabulous night's sleep - as I couldn't bring the bed with to Oxford brought second best - the pillow :)

A lot has moved on since I last saw Michael. I hadn't phoned the hospital - I knew if there was anything major I'd be contacted and I wanted to concentrate on the kids for the short time I was with them. He's had an amazing day. Been out of bed, for a walk along the corridor; sat in a chair; catheter is out; nose tube is out and now he's just started to be fed through his stomach tube. Can't remember if I've already said, but he went back on his tpn feed on Monday as obviously he needs 'food'. Today's feed is very slow - 100 ml of what looks like split pea soup (completely blended - no lumps!!). It's a big step and we'll c how he copes.

For now he's fast asleep. Must feel like he's run a marathon today.

xx


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment