30 October 2011

Sunday

It's lovely to have a day at home, but I hate it that I have to hear second hand how Michael's day is.  As much as I know I can't be there the whole time, it's not even the guilt, it's more like jealousy that someone else knows the information before I do.  Also, I guess when someone relays information, it's always with emotion attached whereas if I'm there, I see it as it is.  Still suffering with the awful sickness which is really getting him down :(

Was a horrible day weather wise and I'm not sure if it was that or just pure tiredness that made me count the hours till bedtime.  While I was child free in the morning, I tidied up the front garden - or should I say put mounds of leaves in the bins.   It always seems such a pointless job.   Had all good intentions of doing the back garden as well but time just flew (although I did have a well earned break when a friend popped round with some treats and to be honest, having a catch up and gossip was much more rewarding!!).

Then it was chauffeur time - pick up first child, lunch, pick up next child, drop off home and then pick up last child (the one that smelled of manure).  Bed was already calling me by then but no such luck.  I would have been quite happy to veg in front of the box all afternoon but how can I when I'm always telling the kids they should find something else to do.  So I dosed myself up with some caffeine and we actually played some board games.  Always feel it's quite an achievement when we avoid putting on something electrical.  Don't get me wrong, there was the usual arguments (between the usual two children) about cheating but I managed to completely ignore that (and them) and it seemed to pass over.  Completely lost track of time and then it was a mad rush for dinner (another argument by said two over sharing a latke, although I wasn't able to ignore this time) and to watch the Strictly results.

Another weekend over and back to the usual weekly routine.  Just hoping this week my daughter finds her football boots and retrieves her mobile and pe kit from the friend she left them at last week, and more importantly that this procedure really helps to move Michael forward and start feeling a little better.

Yippee - I'm going to bed!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment