14 October 2011

Day 6 : 10.40 am

Really can't believe it's nearly been a week.

Michael is now sleeping peacefully, even though it was me that was woken 6 times last night by Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey gently singing in my ear. My daughter's ring tone!!!! Just to tell me she couldn't sleep. The title was apt 'Miracles' because it truly was a miracle that I didn't lose my temper. I think the firm (but loving) 'go to sleep and I won't be answering the phone again' worked. I know there's a lot going through her mind at the moment and I know it was unsettling for her to have one night at home and then off again, and I do feel guilty but I need my sleep.

Michael's had a wash and shave this morning, and sat in the chair. Physio is coming back later so he can go for a walk round the ward. There's always about 10 mins preparation for him to get out of bed as he's attached to so many monitors, drips, etc. If he's not careful he could either pull something out or strangle himself!!

Michael's pain relief is due to be reduced today. He's on fentanyl patches and those r going down to 100 mg from150 mg. He'll still have his pump that he can press when needed. It's getting a balance of him being comfortable and not having too many opiates which do slow down bowel function. As yet bowel hasn't started to work. He's therefore feeling very bloated (feel like we've been here before - seems to be a repeat of all Michael's surgeries) and there's not any pain relief which would help with that feeling. He is doing so well though - and his progress in one week has been amazing. As always with Michael, he's pushing himself (even though he's just turned to physio away) and a little progress each day is the way to go.


Michael Seres

No comments:

Post a Comment