9 October 2011

Sunday afternoon

Can't believe its 5pm already. I seem to have had so many visitors - me, not Michael!! It was lovely - my parents and one of my sisters came up and took me out for lunch. That was a nice break although did feel guilty about not being with Michael, although he really is in excellent hands. His personal nurse is constantly with him, monitoring him. After lunch, gave them a tour of my digs - sure they were jealous :)

Back to be with Michael who was in a little more pain that b4 I'd left. He's constantly having his pain relief checked and changed. Also had quite a lot of wound output. Basically got a tube in the wound draining off all the gunk. The bag was quite full of blood but they believe as it was quite diluted that it's just leftover from the op and where it was all cleaned up before stitching him back up. He has had to have a couple of transfusions but his haemoglobin levels seem to have stabilised now. Sorry if that's too much information.

We saw the Surgeon this morning who gave Michael a thorough check. He's really pleased with his progress. The op went really well. The hardest part was getting rid of his intestine which was just a big sticky mass (no way it was ever going to work). We always thought he had 90cm but in fact there was only 70cm. That's now history and the new intestine was easily transplanted. They had to take a bit of his colon out so everything would fit. But the surgeon said all quite straight forward.

My next visitors arrived for tea at 3.30. Michael's parents who were obviously desperate to know their oldest baby was ok. Can't say the cafe here is the most refined but the tea was ...... tea!! I even got a goody bag of food as a leaving present.

Blackberry going away so I can concentrate on my husband.

xx


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment