8 November 2011

Tuesday

I did start this blog hours ago, but never had the time to finish.....

Still no answers and still doing further tests. Surgeon believes it's viral as opposed to rejection, what with all the flue symptoms (aches, runny nose, dry cough). He's having a further ct scan today just to check his chest and neck area are clear of anything (lymph nodes are slightly swollen). Just having a venflon put in now as xray have said they need this to insert the dye (rather than the picc). Just found a vein!! Gone in - no it hasn't. Big scream from Michael and the Doctor pulled the needle out (he was a bit concerned!!). Tried again, and let's just say if they were doing that to me, I'd have used 'unnecessary language' and told the Dr where to go! I have to say he gave the impression of being very calm, but I guess they're trained to look 'cool'. After a third attempt on his other arm, it eventually went in but was in an extremely uncomfortable position.

When the Team came round this morning, they seemed to (and that's where I finished typing earlier today and I have absolutely no clue what I was going to say!!!).

Anyway, the Surgeon is still quite confident that it's viral but they are still awaiting further results. Cdiff and CNV both now ruled out.He's already on tamiflu (just in case).

The CT scan showed nothing - again!

Got to have extra potassium and magnesium as both levels low.

The results of yesterday's biopsy were just 'ok' - whatever that means. And the latest is, if nothing else shows up by Friday, it will be a major kick of steriods. I've now got a list of questions to ask the Surgeon. Up until know I felt I understood more less what was going on with everything, but now I feel 'lost'.

Short one tonight - off to compile my list of questions.

Night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment