28 November 2011

Monday evening

As someone mentioned to me yesterday, I don't really have much news in my blogs. Think I'll have to start having more of an exciting life - or maybe just invent a few thrilling stories!!

Thankfully, Michael had another good day. Todays' selection of food was Minstrels, cheese and crackers, crisps and deep fried goats cheese. Obviously not all together and definitely not large portions. Still got a taste for latkes, so that's tomorrow's treat.

The Registrars told Michael that he can go home at the end of the week but before you all say - 'that's fantastic', it's so not happening. There's a lot to organise including his feed, drugs and supplies. The Nutritionist needs to sort food and we'll wait for her confirmation as to how long this will take. And as the Surgeon originally said - 'don't listen to anyone but him and the Nutritionist'. Unfortunately, didn't see either today so no idea what their thinking is. Actually now that they've talked about home it would be nice to have a clear conversation as opposed to touching on the subject. Tomorrow will be a week since they gave him two weeks till discharge - does that still stand?

Michael's just told me that his tac levels (that's the meds he has for rejection - I think) are slightly high so dosage just been reduced. This is likely to happen over the next few months. And yes, he is now using his phone. Guess that means he must be feeling better. Texting and bbm is now working - whether he actually responds is another question but at least it means I've got some way of communicating with him when I'm not there. Quite ridiculous that I can tell he's feeling better by the usage of his mobile phone!

I apologise that I have nothing more thrilling to report. I have a feeling the fun will all begin again when Michael comes home. I'll enjoy the relative calm while it lasts.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment