6 November 2011

Sunday

My usual early Sunday morning start. Bearing in mind I had such little sleep, I didn't feel too bad when the alarm went off.

So how did I spend my two hours of quiet time without the children this morning? As any girl would - washed my hair, painted by nails, looked through some magazines and generally relaxed. I don't think so!!!!!! Having discovered the patch of chipped paint on the soffits by Aaron's bedroom window, I obviously had to sand it down and paint it. Once that was done, I embarked on cutting the Wisteria back. It really is beautiful, particularly when it flowers, but boy does it take over. Aaron & Nathan's bedroom windows were getting surrounded and the branches were also started to wrap themselves around the drainpipes. In my usual make-shift sort of way, and without a ladder (which I wouldn't have wanted to climb up anyway), I had to stretch out my bedroom window and Aaron's window and cut the branches - a fairly easy task. When it came to Nathan's window, nothing as simple. I had to climb out onto the balcony (the type that's there for show rather than use). The only way I could get out was to lean out and put the step ladder out and then I maneuvered myself out the window and reached the step ladder. There was masses to cut back - I just cannot believe how long the small branches get. Had to yank it from around the drainpipes and typically broke the drainpipe!!! Anyway, sorted that one - another talent I can add to my CV. Whilst standing on the balcony, thinking to myself how dangerous it was and how stupid I was, I did have a moment when I thought what would happen (gd forbid) if I fell. I guess it was quite irresponsible but Michael's used to my mad ways - once I get fixated on doing something, there's no stopping me. Not sure what our neighbours would have thought if they'd seen me up there. Anyway, all sorted and now I can relax in the knowledge that the wisteria is sorted!!

Michael's day didn't seem to be too different from the last few days. High temperature sweats to cold sweats. He had another CT scan - although I'm not quite sure what for. Yesterday they said they were waiting for these test results on Tuesday and now he has another scan - guess I'll find out tomorrow. His temperature went as high as 40 today and he's been having to use a lot of ice to keep him cool. Not sure if anyone used my latex gloves and ice trick! I'm sitting here not really sure what to even tell you - that's about the extent of the information I have - and it's so frustrating.

Just having one of those low moments and just can't express how or why I feel like I do (I know I have plenty of reason to be low, but no specifics!!). Think it's time for me to sign off before I start rambling on about lonely I am sitting here (2 in bed and 1 out) and how it feels like forever ago that Michael and I had any quality time together............... Ok, I'm rambling so I'll say goodnight.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment