7 November 2011

Monday Evening

Nothing much to report from earlier. We did manage our walk up the corridor having our usual nose in each room as we walked along.

No results at all. Michael is only the 11th patient to undergo this operation at Oxford (two further having taken place since Michael's op) and therefore there's no statistics or history to refer to - Michael seems to be the first to have suffered as he has with these temperature spikes. Typical of my husband - he just can't seem to ever go down the easy route.

Michael is also suffering with very achy joints, especially his back. Gave him a massage in his lower back today - if it wasn't for my hands going numb, I think he would have been quite happy for me to carry on for hours.

He's got terribly dry skin, which he'd started to get when he was on tpn and now it seems to be worse. He's not the best at putting moisturiser on (guess it's quite a girly thing?) and he's feet are particularly bad. Now, as many of you know, I can't stand other people's feet so it really has been a labour of love today - they had a real pamper - me wearing protective latex gloves. First they were exfoliated (not sure that's what my lovely Champney's scrub was made for!), followed by plenty of moisturiser. I have to say, they looked much for presentable and I didn't feel too nauseas looking at them!!

I do hope tomorrow gives some more positive news - I think it's about time now.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment