5 January 2012

Thursday 5th January

Time taken out today on patient no. 1 and took patient no 2 - Waffle - back to the Vet. Took my mind of Michael whilst waiting for the Vet to call and give us the prognosis of the xray. Another cruciate knee ligament op. Our poor doggy, who has, 13 weeks later, just fully got over the last operation is back having major surgery. It's a shame but much easier with the dog having to have further surgery!! He'll be back home tomorrow and whereas I had to pass all his treatment over to my sis and brother-in-law last time, it'll be down to us. I reckon if Michael helps him, Waffle may reciprocate!!

So how's Michael? I'm sure his blog says it all - every day is hard and, at the moment, every day we find something else to worry about. We're back at Oxford tomorrow as the Surgeon has requested to see us - nothing to worry about (I hope) but Michael sent him some pictures of his stoma as he had a concern, and he'd like to check things out. Time to personally ask all those questions as well. Today's 'problem' is that Michael's neck hurts - in true wife style, I prodded in order to give my diagnosis. I think maybe it's his glands (please don't call me instead of NHS Direct!!!) but we'll obviously get them to check this out tomorrow.

Michael's had his feed on all day today. The Nutritionist (I believe Michael calls her a dietician - is there a difference?) suggested this to see if it affects his output at all. It did help him to sleep better last night as he didn't have to get up as much during the night. Just means he's obviously got to carry the feed around all day - for the first time he used the little bag it comes with (not that he actually ventured out the house because of the awful weather) and typically we couldn't figure it out. We both had a lesson how to put the feed in the bag and attach everything just before Michael left hospital the first time. We called a helpline and, what an amazing service, someone from the Company that supplies the feed, came round at 1.00pm. And, we weren't as stupid as we thought - they'd forgotten to include a vital piece of the equipment. All now sorted. I'm just happy that Michael will get another decent night sleep. Don't get me wrong - doesn't affect me at all. I'm such a deep sleeper - Michael could be dancing on the bed (what a sight) all night, and I still wouldn't wake. Just think it's so important for him to sleep well, especially now that he doesn't really have a nap in the day. Sounds like a conversation I would have had when the kids were small :)

So my day tomorrow is planned. Well it was planned and has now been rearranged - off to Oxford. If it's as windy as today, we'll take my car - not sure Michael's little car wouldn't get blown off the road. Hope we come back smiling. Will keep you posted.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment