26 January 2012

I wasn't in Oxford today, although I have heard that Michael didn't spend the day in his pyjamas!!

He's had his scope and a biopsy taken of the ulcer; his on fluids as he's quite dry; day 2 of new drugs; and hopefully home soon. They are pretty certain that the problem is the bacteria overload so hopefully once this is sorted he'll be back on track. He should be home in the next couple of days and then I guess we'll go back when he's finished his course of meds.

It's terrible how easily the kids and I have slotted back into 'dad's not here' mode. They took it so well when I told them on Tuesday that Michael had gone back into hospital. I'm sure it's because they could see that Daddy wasn't unwell but knew he was just having problems. I felt quite ridiculous notifying the school yesterday (always like to keep them up to date just in case the kids do have a problem at school) that Michael had gone back into hospital but stating that the kids didn't have a problem with this. I know I've mentioned it before but how sad is it that our kids have adapted so well to all these hospital stays and ill health?

The corner sofa does look quite empty without Michael and his computer sitting there, but hopefully he'll be cluttering up the space very soon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment