14 December 2011

Wednesday Evening

Fabulous news, we've found a Marks & Spencer. The Transplant Coordinator told us where the nearest one is - just round the corner. If only we'd asked earlier!!! So excited now for our trip out tomorrow. Nothing like some retail therapy - although not sure window shopping counts as therapy?

The Team have advised Michael that he'll have his biopsy early Friday morning in the hope they can rush the results through by the end of the day. If all ok, maybe he'll be home for the weekend. That would be great, although I'm already preparing for another weekend schlepping to Oxford. No point in being disappointed - again.

The drive home was the worst ever - the Oxford end of the M40 was sleeting and the vision was awful. It's hard enough driving on the motorway in the dark, let alone with the sleet. As long as it's only sleet - I can deal with that. Just don't need snow - although I don't think any is predicted at the moment. Because of the journey, was late to pick up Nath & Lauren from school. They both had after school sport matches - yet again they lost, although for a change Lauren's team actually scored a goal and Nathan's rugby team weren't thrashed.

Tonight Lauren and I watched my niece's show (an unusual take on Finding Nemo - don't think they used the same script writers). The kids all seemed to have a fantastic time on stage - more laughing than anything else. It most certainly took my mind off things. Just made me think - no matter how bad things seem - there's always something worse going on!!!!! (joke really).

Off to bed - too much excitement for one day, and got to prepare myself for tomorrow's trip to M & S. Not sure if Michael's as excited as me.

Night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment