15 December 2011

Thursday 3.30pm

Feel a little 'pushed out'. Michael having a scope to get a biopsy - having it today in the hope that results come back tomorrow. Rather than seeing if it's getting better, more to check not getting worse. Michael did ask what's the plan if no worse, but he was unwilling to say. Meanwhile, I was asked to leave the room - I know Michael was happy for me to be there so do feel a little aggrieved :(

Journey in today was a nightmare because of the M25. Went on the scenic route, via Bicester Village (not that far at all so definitely a place to visit when Michael's got more strength. Already told him, in the New Year on one of our numerous visits back to Oxford, will detour there!!).

Michael had to have a couple of stitches around his peg tube (the one going into his stomach). The tube has a little plastic plate like thing which lies flat against the stomach, and should hold tightly in place, stopping the tube coming out (yuck I know!). The plate is fairly loose and they therefore wanted to hold it with a couple of stitches. This was done in the room with a local anaesthetic (had to have two as first one didn't work entirely). Michael was keen to look at it all being done but meanwhile he's face was a picture (of pain). It obviously didn't hurt but as I know myself, the mind plays funny games. I told him therefore not to look but he wanted to. Have to say, if that size needle was going in me, I would have passed out immediately. Was quite impressed that I did manage to watch the needle going in (not dissimilar to sewing a piece of material!!!!!).

We made it to M&S - nothing enticed Michael but I did buy dinner for tonight. Very conscious now of not going into shops where there's too many people. Thankfully all was relatively quiet. Had a mooch in the other shops and then had a coffee/lemonade and caramel shortbread break. We had to return earlier than expected as we got a call to say they were going to do the scope.

And that leads us back to now. Me - rejected - sitting waiting for Michael.


Justine

read my blog:www.the-transplant-wife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment