8 December 2011

Thursday Evening

Sitting here, exhausted and fed up, I'm not actually sure Michael was home at all. Wasn't like we actually had time to slot into any normality. So, I'm here and he's back in Oxford. Yes, it was our choice for him to stay there but it seemed the sensible option. We could have driven back and forth each day for him to have his intravenous steroids but it would have been totally exhausting for Michael and we have to accept that if there are any further complications, the best place to be is there. I'm staying optimistic that he'll have his three day course and then his bloods will confirm all is back on track. I'm actually not sure if he'll have to have another biopsy before he goes home.

Basically, the problem is that the biopsy showed that various parts of the new intestine are rejecting. I believe it's a mild rejection and from what we've discussed in the past, this is not unusual and the high steroids should kick everything back to normal. Can't help wonder whether if he should have had a scope a few weeks back - guess it's normal to start looking at the ifs and whens. It's obviously very worrying but I can't say the Team were running around in a panic so I have to assume it really is all under control.

I didn't stay too long at this hospital. And while I was there I actually fell asleep anyway - so what good was I to Michael? I wanted to get home before the kids arrived home. Didn't feel it was fair to have to tell them on the phone that Michael had gone back into hospital - I wanted to be at home when they got back from school. The boys were amazing - they are so very mature about the whole thing. Of course they were upset but totally understood that it was best for Daddy to go back in. Lauren on the other hand finds it all much harder - she was so excited that Michael was home - even doing her homework sitting next to him. For him then not to be there again was very disappointing for her and although she didn't say this I could tell by her 'mood' that she didn't know how to deal with it all. Thankfully she did have a busy afternoon/evening and didn't have too much time to dwell on things.

Me? I'm beyond disappointed. As always, I'm holding it all together but think that's more because I'm too tired to 'break'. Must admit did have a bit of a scream this afternoon, naturally over something really serious - one of the kids coats fell of the hanger. Think they just thought I was having one of my 'moments' but at least when I got back home the coat was back on the hanger!!

My bed (presently my best friend) is calling me!! Will keep you updated with developments.

Night. x

No comments:

Post a Comment