18 September 2011

Another weekend over!

This could have been our last weekend before the op!   It's all very bizarre, everything I do I keep thinking 'this could be the last time before.......'.   It really is 'don't put off tomorrow what you can do today'.  Trying so hard to keep up to date with everything - the general boring things - washing, ironing, house stuff.  Me being very sad, I feel happier to know that as much as possible is in order for when the time comes.   Stupid things, like ensuring the kids uniform/pe kit is always clean, mowing the lawn!!  So as you can tell - it was a really exciting weekend.

To be honest, apart from having the kids home, the weekends aren't much different.   All days merge into one.  As neither Michael or I are working, it means we spend alot of time together.   Whether that's good or bad, it just means every day is alike.   I've got used to the questioning over what I'm doing every second.   You know - 'what you doing today'; 'where you going'; 'what time will you be back'; 'who you seeing'.  Guess I know how our kids feel now.   I know how hard it is for Michael not being able to work and he tries hard to occupy his time but any women will know, it's hard having her husband around all the time.   Guess none of this is how we expected our lives to be - but hopefully for not too much longer!!

Michael's finding it all a bit hard going.  As well as the daily pain and the drug regime, I think this waiting game is really getting to him.  We've just had a lovely afternoon at my sister and brother-in-law - a fairwell tea for my nephew who's off to Uni next week.    All relaxed, until we get home and Michael's busy stressing, rushing to do the ironing and washing up the few items left in the sink, drying up, feeding the dog, dropping the dog food on the floor, cursing cause we've just had another power surge and he's worried that Sky won't work ...........   Not quite sure why he thinks he has to do everything but as lovely as it is that he wants to keep on going, it drives me nuts and the calm of the afternoon is soon forgotten.  (Have to admit, this blogging really is a great way to let off steam!!)

So it's another night - will we get a call or not?  Had planned to get Nathan some new wellies for horseriding tomorrow and some wool for me and Lauren.   She wants to learn how to knit and my sister reckons it will keep me occupied whilst Michael's in surgery.   So if anyone needs a new scarf let me know - it's the only thing I can knit.  Meanwhile, if the call comes, no knitting and Nathan will have to continue to squeeze into the old wellies!!

Will keep you posted xx

No comments:

Post a Comment