26 September 2011

8.47 pm

Last night we had a Bat Mitzvah with our youngest.  We've been through it with both boys and now it's Lauren's turn.  Quite odd leaving the boys at home but I'm sure they were quite happy, vegging in front of the TV!   We had a lovely evening - we don't get out that much so it was nice being with friends.  Michael pushed himself and even got onto the dance floor for a bit - it may be the last dance we have together for a while.

Thankfully it didn't finish too late so we were home by 10.45pm - still quite late for Michael as he's normally doing his drugs at 10pm.   He decided to give the feed a miss (after a bit of badgering from me) which usually means he gets a better nights sleep ( because so much fluid is being pumped in, it obviously means a lot comes out - so lots of  loo visits).    At this point, I have to say that on Sunday afternoon he did actually suggest that he took his blue rucksack to the party, all connected up.   I would have loved to have seen my face when he mentioned that - thankfully it stayed at home all by itself (the bag, not my face!!!)    I'd like to say I noticed that he slept better but, being the concerned wife, once I hit that pillow, nothing wakes me up.   You'll have to ask him if he slept any better.  That *!****!!* just gets on my nerves (and more so his).  When we're clearing up after dinner, when he's getting his drugs out in the bedroom - his drug cabinet (well plastic drawers on wheels) is opposite our bed.   He often puts the bag on the bed and stands at the cabinet, with his tube crossing the room - no way for me to get anywhere.   Then in the kitchen it sits neatly by the dishwasher door when he's washing up (I know, I should be grateful he's washing up and I truly am) meaning we can't get near to help.

Sitting here watching Michael engrossed in EastEnders (that's what his life has resorted to!), apart from him hugging his tummy in pain, he looks so well.   I know so many people when they see him say the same thing but tonight, for whatever reason, he does look particularly well.  The main thing that gives the game away (for me anyway) is his cow impersonation.  To keep a fresh taste and so his mouth isn't always dry, he constantly chews gum.   I have to say, I can't stand gum chewing (sorry to all my friends who do like to chew gum).   I'm so turning into my mother as I remember when I used to chew gum she always commented on how revolting it was.   Well, like most things as you get older, I have grown to agree with her.  It's that constant churning noise - and you know, the more you hear it, the louder it gets.   That'll definitely be something I'll be pleased he'll stop - would much prefer to hear him chomping on a salt beef sandwich.  

As the days are ticking by, somehow I feel a little more relaxed (only a little) about getting the call.  Don't get me wrong, it's still bizarre and all a bit surreal but somehow you sort of adapt.   I'm still worrying about making sure that everything's always up to date, just in case but I feel a little less stressed - I guess just because we've now discussed it so many times and know that with our great family and friends, we can call on so many people to help with anything.   As far as what happens after the call comes in, and zooming to Oxford....... that's a totally different matter.

Meanwhile, too much time is definitely not a good thing for our middle one.   Every day now he keeps asking the same question.   Yesterday, it was 'what will happen if  you get a call while you're at the party'.   This morning it was 'what happens if you get the call today as we finish early'.   We always thought Aaron was the softy, but Nathan is taking over.   He really is soooo sensitive.

 Well gotta dash - forgot I had to pick the kids up from school tonight!!

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment